ShowS8.asp?M=274799&F=i745CF1EE-0338-4B77-AB0C-B6D63362ABA5.jpg ShowS8.asp?M=274799&F=iF4D22CBD-8240-4EC1-A86B-0F49F310591B.jpg ShowS8.asp?M=274799&F=iE80E69EE-3741-44FB-997C-7AD8CA87AC79.jpg

Fantastic tv footage! just witnessed and I took some photos and here they are just a few minutes old!!!!The most famous inner city statue of saddam pulled down! what a great day smash.gif

It was amazing to see the crowds jump on and stomp the statue after it fell

Pretty amazing stuff, got home last night and watched it live. One of those images I guess that will be around for ages. It would have been pretty funny if that US armoured vehicle was unable to pull the statue over and the crane broke off instead. Not much chance really, but its a nice thought. Also would have given Al-jazeera something to broadcast.

Gotta wonder what planet Syria is on. Talk about a sitting duck.

Syria's behaviour wouldn't be any surprise to students of the region. They share the same political ideology and similar histories. And the people in power in Syria may be looking for a bolt-hole one day too.

Having pulled off a bit of a hoodini, (is he dead, will his body ever be found), Saddam is currently recuperating from plastic surgery, dangling his feet in a five star resort pool, sipping his manhattan, his minders hang ingdiscretely in the shadows, contemplating how to spend his rather substantial retirement package.

The only way for him to get out of the country with his millions, and be left alone to grow old gracefully, was to tempt the coalition in to mess the place up and disappear in the confusion.

Played like a true maestro...