Want to get a ski bus up to Nagano for Golden Week...did it last year for some spring skiing...now the stupid travel agent says there are no buses....I think he's misinformed...Anyone else with info?

I sympathise with you there but unfortunately don't have any advice. It amazes me how friggen hard it is to get from here to the mountains sometimes. One way is the overnight train to Nagano JR-kind of expensive at around 8000 yen or so each way. If you get off at Matsumoto you can get the local to Hakuba as well. BTW your travel agent pal is probably talking shite-they're good at that here as opposed to being skilled at meeting customer needs.

Theres overnight buses all year round from Nagano to Kyoto and so Im assuming they go to Osaka as well. They only take you to Nagano stn and youll have to get to the mtn from there. If the travel agent doesnt help you go straight to the bus co and find out from them. Most big stns also have good travel info places.

Thanks guys...just got back from JTB where they have especially dumb staff! Have heard about the highway buses and night trains, but last spring got a two day lift, hotel, bus package for around 17ooo yen! Could only ski the top of the mountain, but it was Tshirt weather all the way! Keep an eye out for anything...Later,