I have two files that have same values and not same values in each. Format is the same.

Each file contains over 1500 lines so manual comparison is out of the question.

What I want to be able to do is run some kind'a logarithm or so to automatically fish out those values that are different between the files.

Anyone know how to do this.

My net research has brought me to 0 solutions, but many maybes. Would VLOOKUP, MATCH, IF arrays be in the right direction?

I really need some help!

Is all of the information contained on 1 worksheet for each file? If so, the most basic approach I would offer you is to:

1. Put both of the worksheets in the same file

2. Copy one of the worksheets into the same file so that you now have 3 worksheets, all with identical format. The newly created 3rd worksheet will be your "comparison" worksheet.

3. Just input an "IF" formula or even a simple SUM formula in the "comparison" worksheet to check the difference between worksheet #1 and #2 (ie "=Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1" or "=IF(Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1=0,"no change",Sheet1!A1-Sheet2!A1 ). You can copy the formula to all of the cells in the "comparison" worksheet using the "Special Paste" function

4. If there is no change, the sum will be zero in your "comparison" worksheet. If the sum is something other than zero, then you can identify which cell has changed values.

There is probably a much easier way to do the comparison with VLOOKUP or some other shortcut, but that's what I'd do in a pinch. Because I am NOT an Excel nerd. \:o

There area of comparison is over 6 columns.

The data that is to be compared is in the same column however I have noticed that one of the files has more that 1800 rows that I require to compare with the other.

I am working a part by part pricing for a vehicle and with new developments and stuff some of the items have changed on to give me a new version of the old part by part pricing list I had. I was hoping to have been able to work out what was changed at my side, but after hours and hours of trying all manner of excel arrays, I have decided to give up and send the work off somewhere else.

Thanks for your help though guys!

I wish I had paid more attention in Maths at school.