Favourite famous photographs

What are your all time favourite photographs? tough question huh? here four that I really dig

This one is of Edwin Moses who won 122 victories in a row in 400m Hurdles. It is from the '84 Olympics. He epitomises grace and speed in this photo, like a gazelle leaping and gliding over a branch in the Savannah

moses_gal_l_02.jpg

This one is from David Doubilet its pretty famous.

Awesome photo. (Sorry couldnt find a better picture)

doubilet_licht.jpg

The Afghan girl is an tragic yet amazing photo

1_afghangirl.jpg

This picture was taken in Bitteroot National Forest in Montana. The photographer is John McColgan, a fire behavior analyst.

fire.jpg

cool thread. Love the Moses photo.

That aphgan girl photo was taken by Steve McCurry. I have a huge book of his here called 'South Southeast' which is just incredible. Its like his best selection from his years of travelling that part of asia.

My favourite photographer is Martin Parr, whose work totally cracks me up as well as being thought provoking:

parr_baptist_lrg.jpg

parr_benidorm_lrg.jpg

parr_pisa_lrg.jpg

and the all time classic from Japan:

parr_tokyo_lrg.jpg

But Salgado is an actual photojournalist whereas McCurry is just a portrait photogropher into ethnography. Salgado has some really powerful images, he has been in some pretty hairy situations.

Does anyone know Don McCullin? He was a war photographer, really hardcore. His photos arent great but he wrote an autobiography that is amazing and well worth a read. All about him sneaking around with the foriegn legion and stuff.