i am doing a Diploma at the mo. and it seems to be taking forever... prob, cause it is all flexible learning eg i only have to turn up when i choose and also can do a lot of the work @ home.... but i guess it takes a lot of discpline my friend.

I'm also doing a diploma and just finished the 7th of 8 componants. It is taking a lot longer than expected and although it is useful/rewarding I'll be glad to have the monkey off my back. After a long day or week of work cracking open the books is pretty hard to do.

Would I recommend it? Yes and No. Had I forseen the sacrifice I probably wouldn't have gotten into it. On the other hand it has already been of some benefit and getting back into study is good for self-discipline, which I generally lack. It depends what you're doing it for.

I find that a lot of people say they have been meaning to do some kind of study. Unfortunately I don't usually provide them with much encouragement to do so, as I envy their deadline free lives.

Thanks for your comments guys.

Yeah discipline is something of a challenge for me. But i kind of think i am ready for some additional structure to my life looking 2 & 5yrs down the track.

I've been working a start up company for the last 9 months, and the time has passed SO DAMN FAST!!! It makes me think...geez, in a year's time i could have a few papers under my belt....and life is already painful so why not just struggle through. wakaranai.gif

Sweetaz-the diploma is essentially 8 regular university papers ie "Ecommerce law" which is the same as an undergraduate law paper. They run on a 10 week cycle (theoretically) but they say to do it full time would take something like 30 weeks minimum. So I guess you'd do 3/3/2 cause the last one is supposed to be very intense.

I started off all keen to do 2 at a time but soon learnt I wasn't up to the reading/writing/lectures workload in combination with working full-time. It will end up taking me over 2 years(not including a 6 month break I took this year for boarding and work). I'm a naturally lazy person anyway so that doesn't help matters.

thanks davo ...that gives me a much better idea.

i've sort of changed tact and am now looking at doing an mba(if i get in)...16 papers..it's supposed to take a year and a half full time. sounds pretty intense.. so i am dithering about.

ecom-law..nice! painful but nice!