When I first came here I was stoopid enough to jump in a taxi for a 5km + ride. I thought the driver was taking the piss when he turned round and asked for 4000 yen or whatever it was.

He was wearing nice white gloves though.

I thought MK's reputation, in Kyoto at least, was based on them undercutting other firms. If they care about giving a personal service, so much the better.

This is their own promotional material, and I don't know who they're comparing themselves with, but it suggests they are cheaper.

http://www.mk-group.co.jp/taxi/_taxi.htm

The maddest one I ever got was at 4am at Cairo Airport. The driver must have been have been unlicensed, because the guard at the gate give him a lot of stress and then starting smacking him about the face. He proceeded to race along the road with the only other vehicle on it, a people carrier, drawing alongside to shout abuse at other driver and then pulling in front of it and slamming on the brakes. It was like something out of Starsky and Hutch.

Motorcycle taxis in Bangkok are pretty wild too. Tuk-tuks are mild by comparison.

The old VW Beetles in the bright primary colours in Mexico City are the cutest.

taxi.jpg

Quote:
Originally posted by Markie:
Better not tell Enderzero that. He practically backpacked Japan for the whole winter and most of spring last year and he's doing it again this year!
I suppose having the inheritance of a wealthy uncle helps! Oops! I think I promised him I would keep that a secret.
Now if only old uncle db would just kick the bucket...