I'm from the country, but...

This is what I know:

It all has to do with dudes in beards, big hats that wore square belt buckles that came on a ship called the Mayfair or Mayflower. I understand that they had a bunch of bibles but stuff all food and some Indians helped out by giving them a chook. So Americans now say thank you each year. There is a chance that some Indian girl called pokacontus was involved.

I learnt this from the Simpsons and asking my American friends (however I did not listen properly, not because I am rude, just vague with a short attention span look at that girl...)

youre kinda close db. the pilgrims came over on the mayflower from england to the new world for the freedom to be puritans. they wanted to land in virginia where there already was a english colony (where pocahontas hung out). but they got way off course and landed in massachusetts. so they had no idea how to survive off the land and some native americans (squanto i think was one) showed them how to plant stuff like corn, squash, and other north american veggies. lots of pilgrims died that winter from the cold and hunger. the remaining ones were grateful for a bountiful harvest the following fall, so they had a big feast/party to celebrate and thank the native americans. they ate a lot and went crazy for a few days. dont know what happened with thanksgiving til present time. not even sure if thats the real story, but its what i learned.

nowadays, you gather with your family and eat a big ass meal on the fourth thursday of november, then pass out while you watch american football on tv and get ready to shop the next day. tomorrow (bc its still wed us time), i'm gonna eat turkey, smithfield ham (the dry salty kind), stuffing, peas, sweet potatoes, collards, cooked carrots, rolls, cranberry sauce, pickled peaches, lotsa gravy, and pumpkin pie. it's gluttony at its best \:D

Well, nekobi, you did a wonderful job there of laying it out there.

Feel sorry for all dem trukeys that don't get to thank ayone or anything before they are stripped naked, roasted and pulled to bits by all those people.