In 2001, the height of recent terrorist caused deaths in the western world, you were twice as likely to kill yourself than be killed by a terrorist.

So, in order of danger to you (assuming the terrorists manage another enormous attack, of course), we have..

cars

flu

yourself

loved ones/friends

muggers/thieves etc.

etc.

etc.

terrorists (way further down the list)

Stats, gotta lov'em.

Worrying about terrorism and letting it alter policy/lifestyle/freedoms, etc. should be considered aiding and abetting, and treated as treason.

Bush, Blair, give it up and face the firing squad, traitors...

(know what I mean... ;\) )

yak: Saw similar statistics in Michael Moore's new book. Too bad, righty media's got everyone's so stirred up in a frenzy over terror, that noone stops to notice that while yes, there will probably be a terrorist attack at some point, there is no "terrorist threat."

a "choking on a pretzel threat" is equivalent to a "terrorist threat." Sure they will both probably happen to someone at some point, but there is no "ongoing threat."

miteyak, i dunno if those stats are supposed to make peeps feel better or not! eep! confused.gif

Those stats and the combination of random *nuclear turd* attacks ....chicken&coffee prob feels worse off for the knowledge. Come to think of it....chicken and coffee might be an accomplice of mr*'s . ;\)

Missiles and dolphins proved too complicated. I've decided to use kei trucks as the delivery system - their erratic path adds to the terroristic effect. I've recruited a cell of disgruntled mikan farmers and I'm slowly indoctrinating them in the ways of jihad.

I think the first targets will inevitably be JA gas stations as my jihadis are most used to driving their kei-trucks there, but I'm hoping that eventually they'll be able to hit Tokyo and various military bases.

As I said, it'll be dirty bombs.

Hey Ocean, think you could pull something off in either New Zealand or Austria?? The way I figure it, those are two whitebread countries. If something big goes down, the US will rush in, set up a base and begin 'Operation Eradicate the Infidels.' They are going to need people like me to go there and help them out with mapping, GPS and other such endeavors. I'll just quit after a month or two and disappear into the bush and ski and surf my life away whilst living on pop-tarts and funyons.

Is it selfish of me to be thinking this way?