Anyone else just get one of these in their private mail?

ban_kab2000@voila.fr

Bangoura Kabila

Dakar -senegal

Dear sir,

I know you will be surprised to read from me,but due to my careful search for an honest, reliable and sincere business partner, i got your contact from the internet and i ask if you can be trusted not tobreak an agreement? Still, it took me time to make up my mind to contact you and to offer you this proposal of mine of which my whole life depends on.

Dear, my name is BANGOURA F.KABILA the son of the late president DR.LAURENT KABILA,the former president of ZAIRE (DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO). I am 24 years old and presently residing in DAKAR-SENEGAL in West Africa under political asylum.My mother happens to be a nurse whom the late president had an affair with during his life style as a play boy,and the affair resulted to my birth,but it was unfortunate that the late president did not marry my mother legaly and as a kind of settlement, for my mother and i,my father deposited the sum of Eight million one Hundred thousand USD cash($ 8.1 million us dollars cash) to my mother for my life inheritance.my father stashed these sum of money and deposited it in a finance house and my name appears as the next of kin.

After my father was killed by his body guard ealier last year 2001, and my mother died also ealier last year just two months after my father's death, and atthe age of 24 years old,i am left with this huge sum of money ,and i need a partner who will help me transfer this money oversea for immediate investment as i have made up my mind to invest in your country.

Your compensation for your immediate assistance is 25% of the total money as soon as it arrives your country while 75% will be for the investment in your country.

I will like truth and honesty to be our watchword in this transaction.

Yours sincerely,

K .BANGOURA

Must be a trusting chappie, I'd never give the time of day to someone called Miteyak... lol.gif

We have just disabled this "user", so they cannot send out anything else. This should not happen again.

We've also temporarily changed the new registration settings on the Forums so that any new registrations need to be approved by us before the new user can post messages - just in case anyone else tries this....

This kind of thing is really sad. \:\( mad.gif

Please let us know of any instances like this to our editor@snowjapan.com mail address.

Thanks

Damn, Miteyak, why did you have to go and expose my great idea? All you had to do was send me a discreet private email and I would have given you your fair cut.

Now how am I gonna finance my next extravagent bash in Japan this Christmas?

Aw, c'mon, you have to make it more challenging than that to be fun. One of those words has a Capital letter in it. That must be the odd word out! I guessed that even though I don't really know what the other three words mean.

Sorry, rach, you didn't seem gullible enough to fall for it so I didn't have you on my mailing list. However, I send you my bank A/C no. and if you deposit 10000Y in there, I will certainly put you on my mailing list in the future!

I don't know about you guys, but I don't need to help out Bangoura Kabila. I'm waiting on a big payout from Bill Gates/Microsoft, because per their kind request I forwarded an e-mail helping check out the performance of Windows.

Yep. The check from Bill should be here any day now.