Time to change our flag! (NZ)

Quote:
Originally posted by jared:
Since Australia has gone from being a colony of England to Americas little bitch then maybe you could replace the union jack with a US flag in the top left corner of the aussie flag.
Small & young countries always seem to have a big brother. Australia is NZ's big brother.

As much as I might say anything about America, I actually like there flag. It is a nice flag, although it has become too "American", if that makes sense. The Union Jack is also a ripper of a flag. Never been a fan of the French, Italian, German etc strip flags. The Canadian flag is decent. The Japanese flag is also nice in its simple way, although I am yet to make one \:\( .

...maybe america could just add another star to their flag, and that could represent australia! :p that would make the `americanisation` of aust. complete... along with maccas, coke, crappy sitcoms, mtv.... do i need to go on?

Nekobi aren t you thinking of of Liberia s flag? The best flag in my opnion was either the old USSR or Sri Lanka. As for the debate about New Zealands flag, sounds like inferiority syndrome to me.

As for the Union Jack it has all the crosses on it for each country, St George, St Andrew and the Irish one.....but the Cross of St David, black on yellow would ve ruined the colour scheme! wakaranai.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by kamo:
http://www.nzflag.com/default.cfm

great and thought evoking site. I thoroughly agree that the old one has got to go, just look at Canada for inspiration! they traded in their crappy colonial flag and now possess the worlds best flag, that instantly gives them identity (and looks cool on swimming caps at the olympics ;\) )
You rock eh!
The NZ flag does suck. For a country who tries so hard to maintain it's culture and individualism it's a shocker....Worse..their flag looks like the Aussie one! I can never tell them apart. wakaranai.gif