My neighbourhood is one of those classic town planning gone mad mishmashes of residential, light industrial and commercial all lumped together. We live in an aparto building with some small workshop type operations next door. Often during the day there is a bit of machine noise but generally it is ok.

However it appears we have a new neighbour. Last night my very pregnant wife was being driven mad by the sound of someone using an electric sander/grider. It was 11:00 and she got so pissed off that we went out and found the source of the noise.

I banged on the door and when a fairly sheepish looking fellow came out Yuko took over. She very politely informed the guy that he was making a lot of noise which was probably annoying a considerable number of people. Talk about a wake up call in neighbourly consideration. He looked shocked to see a gaijin and his very polite yet straight talking pregnant wife.

He apologised and vowed to be more considerate in the future, so we left on good terms. That girl has got attitude- just one of the reasons I love her.

I recently recieved a nice package of pepper spray for tha dog next door.

When my grass is done in s few weeks the first "at home" BBQ will be had thus allowing me to ebforce my new power on the annoying menace..If only it were his owners..

Hey, Indosnm, go easy on that mut o.k.? It probably doesn't know any better. It's the owners you should vent your anger out on.

I don't know...I guess I have a soft spot for pets like dogs and, of course, especially cats!