What NHK does with your NHK money - UHDV

They arent spending my money cuz I dont give em any :p They bugged me for a few days when I first moved in. I just didnt answer the door.

One day Im unlocking the front door downstairs and get stopped, I was waiting for a package from home so I actually spoke Japanese to the guy - turns out he was from NHK... As politely as possible, I said Im not going to pay. If youre gonna ring on my door again asking me for money then bring a cop and a court order otherwise, go bother somebody else. Havent been bothered in months.

How many pay NHK?

We covered this a while ago...but as of yet, my house doesn't pay. I'm not from a country where we are mandated to pay for government programming (it is a LEGAL requirement to do so in Japan if you own a TV.) I don't want it and paying for it just doesn't feel right to me. Besides, NHK sucks. It's like 1960's broadcasting. The NHK guys haven't come around for a good year now to my house.

Yeah must dont pay it, I dont but how about this UHDV? Am I the only geek here excited by 4000lines of resolution at 60fps refresh? The picture on the big screen must be phenomenal!