Well I've been out on my Stik, and it beats the hell out of any other road board I've tried. Not in terms of speed, although it can go quite fast, but for sheer carving bliss. You can cruise down a short slope then pump it wildly over some flat, and finish with an amazingly tight turn at the end. It's great just for pushing and weaving.

And because of the tight turns and the control it gives you, you can do quite steep hills safely too. I didn't put on my usual helmet and pads because it just feels safe, and I covered much more ground than on my usual sessions.

What a great buy.

Criminy, my knees ache this morning...

Took the board up to an unfinished housing estate above Matsuyama and skated a slope overlooking the lights of the city and the sea. I don't know how many times I did the slope, but I was able to skate back up after a while.

I've never surfed but I've watched videos, and I found myself doing surfer-like movements involuntarily. But in spite of the surfy nature of the board, the carving is also similar to snowboarding. For anybody thinking of starting snowboarding in the winter, this would be the very best way to get the feel of carving control.

After the housing estate, I made a nuisance of myself in a Lawson car park for a while. Unlike my other boards which require quite specific conditions to enjoy, this is one that you can ride on nearly any piece of tarmac.

He doesn't really turn it much. But I got him to stand with one foot on each edge with a wide stance, and he got it to weave a bit.

Dad has no problem making it weave.

R-Stik.jpg

Much as I'd love to get him a L'il Stik, I just got him a mountainboard, so he can wait.

• 2 weeks later...

So, um, I found my little package today that has the allen key, spare bolts, CD and booklet. Some dickhead had just thrown it in the closet by the looks of things. :rolleyes:

I just watched the CD videos, and I'm not sure but I think I might 'need' a Carveboard too. Is there any way of telling what you really need I wonder.

Indo, have you learned to pump the board yet to generate forward motion? I can't quite seem to get the timing, and I'm sure I look like a complete w*nker trying to get it...

(videos 4 & 5 on the CD)