another roppongi coke article

wheeeewwww, and I thought I was the only one here to know about drug stories......thanks guys ;\)

I certainly agree with Davo about the dangers of Shabu mad.gif It's the worst drug I've ever seen as far as being unhealthy in both the body and mind (and teeth). And let's not even go into getting off the shiit.... Have a look at the nearest Tokyo taxi driver if you want to spot a speed (shabu) head. I've even had a taxi driver telling me he hasn't slept for 3 days as we raced around the early morning streets of Toks (guess why ???). I promtly told him to stop the car, and I got in the next taxi........not even I will push it that far :p

Rach, you haven't ever meet people like this ?? I doubt I know any Japanese people like the ones you know then - but I wouldn't say that I don't know a fairly good cross-section of the japanese community/culture.

Still, you live and learn, no........... ;\)

I can honestly say I don't particularly want to meet these kinds of people either.

I have about as much respect for drug dealers and people heavily involved in the drugs scene as you seem to have for people who choose to join the police as their profession.

Does that include pub landlords and regular drinkers?

What about the perfectly legal alcohol vapour inhalers that are a hit in London?

Or is it just illegal drugs that cause you concern?

What do you consider seriously involved? Sadly addicted or a happy participant?

I am sure that you realise that your home country is one of cheapest sources of drugs in the world and in fact a massive proportion of 18 - 35 year old society quite simply consume these substances on a weekly basis, even more do so on a casual monthly basis. There are only two types of people in this world: (1) those that pay tax and vote. (2) Those that pay tax and vote and take drugs. I think you might be shocked to find out that the second group is massive, but I include alcohol as a drug (750ml of JD will eF you up way more than 2 grams of C)

Do you realise that drugs would be meaningless and worthless if it were not for the existence of the human brain, a medium in which drugs suddenly have very real purpose. Don't blame the drugs, blame the brain. The brain is, amongst other things, perfectly designed for experiencing the properties that drugs possess. If a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, did it really fall? If drugs exist with no brain to experience them, are they really bad? I came up with this on the bus one morning when very clear headed and under the influence of a bowl of cornflakes with warm milk.

I like reading Strippers insights and observations, lets not bash him for having his own opinion.

I couldn't possibly hope to be able to respond properly to your numerous questions there - and the resulting further probes, db! I've got packing to do for a start! (And a life to live) \:\) Lets just say for now that I have my opinions on the matter and we'll leave it at that.

I'm not bashing stripper-dude for having his opinions, he's totally free to have them of course. That doesn't necessarily mean I have to agree with them though.

Along time a go I happily partook in mind vacations regardless of the source. More recently, however, it's been restricted to the legal, or garden variety type. This is due to my unwillingness to be a part of, or feed the huge criminal empires that sprout from it.

I agree with Rach, I dont like or want to be a part of the illegal hard drug scene, I also hate violent drunks, or people who can't handle whatever drug they're taking at the time, or the side-effects. Without much trouble, i've pretty much managed to avoid all this in Japan, something much harder to do in the UK.

As far as i'm concerned, drugs should be fully legal, but until they are, I think people should reflect on the horrors their desire for entertainment is creating. Drugs are fun, but the insinuations that it's cool and hip to be involved with them and the yak, and that pushers are cool but police officers shit is as narrow minded and ignorant as believing Japan is a drug free zone.

Ooops, I think a little off topic... lol.gif

If you're in the drug scene, it always appears huge. If you're an abstainer and not a party animal, it appears non-existant. Most foreigners I know dabble a little, the japanese I know dont do more than drink. I'd say the scene here appears a lot smaller than back home (where even good girls sample), but there is usually something to get if you want it.

The people involved in drugs aren't just travellers, ravers, hippies, street gangs, and all the others who always seem to be the ones that get banged up. Massive corporations and financial institutions, as well as government agencies like the good ol' CIA also get a nice big share of the pie. The UN estimated the annual world trade in drugs at 500 billion US back in the early nineties. A lot of that is ending up in the markets, corporate financing, and even political contributions. What this means is that without knowing it, many of us deal with beneficiaries of the drug trade all of the time.

Decriminalize, but ban in public places is the way to go, I reckon.

> 750ml of JD will eF you up way more than 2 grams of C

However, the 2 grams of C will eF everybody else up much more than the 750 ml of JD.

Whereas the JD is produced in line with certain minimial labour and environmental standards, and funds many useful things through taxes, the C victimizes more or less helpless people at every stage of production and marketing, helps to destroy the environment, and contributes nothing to society. All so that some bw*nker in the Pong can be the more fascinated by his own wittering.

Governments, organized crime, etc, make too much money from illegal drugs to ever want to legalise them.

Personally, even if I were into it these days (which I'm not), I'd never touch anything in this country. You do not want to hang out in a J jail. It's not a good place to spend time. Just ask Amnesty.