http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20040802wo34.htm

In the Yomiuri there was an article about the daylight saving trial that was done in Hokkaido - a very strange misrepresenting way to trial daylight saving but nevertheless.

Quote:
participants said they felt like they could spend quality time after work as it was still light.

Family relations improved.

Largely the young and female workers said they supported the system.

"Workers can better spend their time during daylight saving time for extra study or shopping," a participant said.

all good stuff and all true, but the saddest and most pathetic comment came next

Quote:
But many of the middle-aged and senior workers said they could not find anything to do after work.
That is truly sad and indicative of the wretched lifeless zombies I see on the trains everyday, the ones that are crap husbands, bad fathers and it appears so bored, they cant amuse themselves.

only in Japan :rolleyes:

I must say, I like it being dark in the evenings. Kind of feels strange being light at 10pm, feels like an afternoon \:\)

Many Japanese men seem to spend most their lives working so they can give all their wages, minus a tiny allowance, to their wives. That doesn't strike me as the actions of bad husbands or fathers.

So long as they're not too ambitious, Japanese women don't seem to have such a hard life.