Hi there,

I am finally leaving for Japan on Monday. I have a total of two weeks there and will spend three days in Tokyo to start off with. Thereafter I will fly to Saporo with the aim of spending 2-3 days in Niseko boarding. All the websites I have checked list express trains and buses all of which only run until the end of March though.

So I am a bit concerned that I will be struggeling to get out there. Can anyone tell me how to get there now?

Also do you reckon there are still a couple of people in the local pubs, i.e. a bit of night life at the momemnt?

And tips greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paddy

just got back from there a couple of hours ago. it was great, but don't forget your sunscreen. there are a number of ways to get there from New Chitose airport. the simplest at this time of year is probably the Big Runs- White Liner bus. leaves the airport at 9:20, 11:20 and 14:20. get your local travel agent to make a reservation for you or just go to the counter at the airport. it costs 4600 for a round trip.

as for nightlife, niseko is deadsville right now, but if you board hard enough you won't want to go out after anyway...

make sure you're on the slopes early cause even though there aren't many people, the snow gets chopped up pretty fast. i spent more time at annupuri than the others, less people, nicer runs...

Many thanks! So it's not that difficult to get there, good to hear that. Getting on a bus and getting off again without having to change sounds ideal. Only a few hours now til I have to leave for the airport \:\)