Very exciting, snowglider, very exciting... although, i'll not make it to winter if I don't tighten the brakes soon.

Short jackets, not a problem if you wear bibs, have a good tight waist on the jacket and excess material under the armpits (as found on climbers jackets). My currect arc'teryx is a waist length, has no 'skirt' and I have no problems. Given that I can probably fit it into my trouser pocket, it's hard to beat BC.

db, I'm sure you've thought of this yourself, but getting to a climbing gym might be good for 'getting prepared' for your winter exploits. (not that your current mud-wrestling regimen isn't a winner) You could pick the brains of the inevitable gear freaks for the bets stuff and places to buy it too.

I think I have the same model jacket. My BC jacket is cut at the hips. It only ways 650 grams. Very nice. And as I wear really high bib pants I don't have a problem with snow getting in.

But I have a new arcteryx jacket for resort use this year and it has a skirt which will be nice.

the biggest issue that no one seems to be addressing, is where in bc do you intend to go? clothing for whistler is much different then say golden, or powder keg, or nelson. it gets cold in the interior and you won't ever really have to worry about rain, where as whistler certainly and sometimes nelson do get the occasional shower. fernie on the other hand gets