Good Indian restaurants in Osaka

There's a good one near DD House which is beside the Hankyu line. Head north from Hankyu Umeda station and follow the road running parallel to the tracks on the left hand side. Once you're past the DD house complex look for signs on the left for an Indian restaurant. I think it's on about the 8th floor of a tallish building, can't be any more specific than that.

Good Indian food is to be had there. I went with some students and one asked if there was any food which wasn't spicey or hot. The waiter just replied "No sorry, this is an Indian restaurant"

• 2 weeks later...

My info is well old, but I presume they're still there....

The one in the basement of the Maru building (the tall round building in Umeda with Tower Records) is very nice. A bit upmarket and pricey, but very good. The kulfi (ice cream) is fab. The boti kebab (mutton done in the tandoor) was another favourite.

There's a cheap Sri Lankan place called Court Lodge in KitaShinchi. First east-west road behind (south) of the main drag with Club Karma. It's just a counter. Seats maybe eight max. Excellent chai that they toss in the air from one cup to another cup. Note that the curries there are very thin.