On a recent driving trip a friend of mine told me about the Pink Ladies, who were apparently a megastar Bananarama style Japanese duo girl band from a decade ago. She also taught me some of their biggest hits. I can now sing along to Peppa Keibu as well as UFO. I even know the hand movements that go with the "peppaaaaaaa.... keibu" part of the song. I however changed the words from:

"watashitachi kore kara ii dokoro"

to:

"watashitachi kore kara daidokoro".

It rhymes!

dame dame dame dame daaaa-me dame yo.

Ocean, you are either:

a) a resident in Japan for long enough to actually lived through the Pink Ladies craze and know their moves.

B) a guy that knows some pink lady moves.

Either could be true.

Veronica: Since I got into them I should imagine that they will make a come back.

I just tried to do a search for them - in Japanese on jp google and couldn't find anything. Perhaps my katakana was wrong. Seems like there surely should be tons of stuff on these gals.

Although there are two of them, they are a single entity, hence "Pink Lady" and not "Pink Ladies".

And like all Japanese duos, there's 'er on the left, and 'er on the right, and that will never change, bar some freak on-stage explosive event.

Quote:
Originally posted by 34 guests:

"watashitachi kore kara ii dokoro"

to:

"watashitachi kore kara daidokoro".

Roflmao Good one \:D

But originally it is "ii Tokoro", not "Dokoro" \:\)
 Quote:
But originally it is "ii Tokoro", not "Dokoro"
:)

I actually didnt know that. It just sounded like she was saying dokoro. I am going to become a Pink Lady.

I think Pink Lady are from the Seventies, not ten years ago. Back in the day when pop stars were above the age of consent.

They're back on tour now and still look very slim, but facially have definitely been under the knife. You can buy DVDs with their dance moves, if that's your thing.

Give it ten years and it'll be the same with the Morning Musume.

Mr guests, when you've graduated from Pink Lady, Puffy are waiting.

You'll master all the lyrics of "Kane tabe ikou" in no time, but you'll have to make up your own hand movements (several suggest themselves here which is fortunate).

CDs are available from inferior second-hand music stores everywhere.

Yes, I've always liked Puffy. They're good looking, they can actually hold a tune, they have good backing bands, and good song writers.

Play their songs in a crowded bar and anybody who is half-alive will respond favourably.

Well fair enough. I didn't say they were great beauties or anything. They're averagely attractive, and because they don't 'sing' through their noses, I rate them relatively highly.

But anyway, I'm not recommending them to everybody. I'm recommending them to somebody who has learned some of the lyrics and hand movements of Pink Lady.

♪ Caaaaake is love ♭

Mr Wiggles I think Morning Musume now over time had more than 25 members! Another few years and maybe that number much more. Can you imagine they getting together later 10 years with 40 MM's. eek.gif