• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The English translation sould be something like:

You have to first open the GSI topo maps and locate the area you want to create a 3D topo/relief image.

Once you do that go to [edit]編集 and locate the option [overlay altitude data] 標高データを重なる(MATの作成)on the window that pops up press [next]次へ and on the next tab use the [locate]参照 button and locate the MEMs/DEMs.

That should probably overlay the topo maps over the relief map.

Next open [kashibad]カシバード and on the [kamera]カメラ panel locate the longest bar and select one of the [composite map][地図との合成 options.

• 6 months later...

Quick question for the Geo pros on this forum (Soub, Tsonda...):

Have you guys ever tried to download Garmin GPS tracks onto a MAT file in Kashmir? It does not seem to work for me. I get a connection error saying that Kashmir could not connect to my GPS.

I was wondering if anybody has managed to do that before. I think my GPS (GARMIN GPSMAP 60Csx) may not be compatible. I could not find any answer on the web, nor could I find a plug-in. It seems Kashmir may not be supported anymore for new updates.

Hi Soub,

so far I have done a stitch job over 4 GSI maps which I have converted from Tif to BMP.

I have cropped the edges out and stitched them together using Kashmir.

I have then taken the 50m DEM model and put the new big stitched BMP as an overlay over the DEM and created a MAT file. I am now trying to inport the track that I have on my GPS into Kashmir and then use Kashbird to do a bird's eye view movie of the track flying over the 3D terrain of the MAT file. I can generate the 3D terrain no problem. The fit as you expected is so-so but not too bad in 3D and perfect in 2D. but cannot do the simplest bit which is to import the track from my GPS. I would have like to map the track on the 3D terrain as well.

Thanks for the offer, do not worry about it. I was just wondering if it is feasible, I would not want you to spend time trying to do it (even though I seem to remember you have all the pro gear). But very kind of you, very much appreciated.

Soub, In the end I have saved the Kbird file into a bitmap, opened it in Photoshop and paintbrushed where the trail is then saved it into a jpeg. It assumes that to do that, I either know where the trail is or I can visually see it on the topo. Would have been easier with a pre-loaded GPS track. I'll try to figure it out later.

The accuracy loss is not too bad with the river rougly where they are supposed to be.

I have always wondered: I read somewhere that GIS maps where using the Tokyo datum for horizontal and Tokyo Yokohama Bay for verticals. Yet all GIS maps seem to default to WGS 84. When I try to play around with the datum it reverts back.

Download the GPS values into the computer and save them as a text file (txt).

There is an option to import the values in Kashmir from a text file in the start up menu.

You will have to set the datum after you import the values.

The text file should look like this:

WP,D,CN15,037.97079,140.16071,05/18/2007,15:31:18,

ie:[WP,D,(name),(lat),(long),(date),(time),]

Thanks Soub, actually when you get the hang of it, it does not take so much time.

Tsonda, I'll give it a go but I think it is more something to do with the actual connection protocol than the file format. I'll let you know if it works though. Cheers.

I mean bypass Kashmir. Isn’t there any program that came with the GPS for connecting and downloading the data to your computer?

You just need the long/lat values from the GPS. Open them in excel for example, make the columns look like the format I mention above and save them as a comma delimited text file. Then use that file to import them in Kashmir.

• 2 weeks later...

No you are not, I didn’t get Kashmir to work for me in just 1 day.

I also have spent endless hours of frustration in front of the screen trying to figure it out. mad.gif

If you want, e-mail me your GPS file and I ll check it for errors or if I can do it on my laptop.