My planned three weeks snowboarding in Akita (starting 19th Dec) are looking bleak and I am making a contingency plan, but need a little advice; if Hakkoda gets a good dump is it worth a beginner snowboarder going? I'll be alone - is this ill advised for Hakkoda? Will I follow the fate of those soldiers? Otherwise I'll jump on a plane at Akita airport for Hokkaido and try Niseko Hirafu for say four days (or until the Yen runs out). I am a beginner who wont be going off piste (I'll be alone so another reason why I wouldn't be heading off among the trees) so my question is: am I wasting my money going to Hokkaido as one review said the slopes are kind of steep at Niseko. I am staying in Akita so heading south is not an option really. I know, a lot of questions, but any advice would be greatly appreciated - otherwise how do I attach a set of wheels to a snowboard?

well i will say we have a good base up here. Was at Sapporo koksaui earlier today and the snow was excellent. There was a lot of packed powder their. Have not been to Niskeo yet so I really cant comment on it. If you do not think your up for Niskeo there is plenty of smaller slopes around.