The World Heli Challenge is BACK!!!

never heard of it? 1995-2001, and August 2007

When I skied Hakuba (the one week I was there) I dreamt of a heli event to the likes of this...

http://www.worldhelichallenge.com/whc07/default.cfm

Now that harro is back in the game, who knows what the future holds?

maybe, just maybe, it will encourage me to figure out the logistics here. (actually, I remember harro's nightmares and am surprised he started it up again. I guess he couldn't resist.)

In 2001 he was still sleeping in his car, yet ran what the industry considers as the world's sickest freeride event. Then he started a magazine to promote it. Then he won awards for his photography. Now I'm drooling and wishing I was 20 again...

yeah....its a SICK event for sure....They have a great after partys at Lake Hawea Hotel- I remember Sebastian Michaud's line to win I think the 2001 event was down the back of Motatapu shutes at Treble Cone -Man was he getting jiggy with it- Harro is a bit of a local legend -He h Good friends of mine know him well - He's living the dream basically and fair play to him !thanks for the link - stoked to see its back!

Yes, this brings back good memories.

Even if you can't see much of the Freeskiing the Wanaka big air is an epic event. I remember Seb and Seth making crazy jumps and the live band exploding at the bottom.

And on the free day Seb doing a backflip over the skiroad to the backbowl. inspiring me to do things that landed me in the hospital, but it was great to be there.

I met Harro in Chamonix in Jan 2002 and he explained that 2001 was the first time they didn't need to put extra money in the event. So that was also the last time it seems, until this year. I hope it will be a feast as ever before.