Hi everybody,

I planning to spend week 7 in Niseko area so I'm looking for a convenient place to stay. I'm single so I'd like a place not to far from bars/restaurants...and slopes! After checking this website, I guess the Hirafu area should be the best choice...

If anyone had a good stay there, tips are welcome !

Thanks, I already cheked this section but I'm looking for advices to sort out all the proposals. It's very difficult to make your mind based on pictures so if anyone stayed in Hirafu area and konws a small/cozy/convenient place, I would be pleased to hear about it.

By the way, are there some party people here ?Anyone going to the SUNS party in Sapporo Friday february 9th ? (http://www.suns-web.com)

A good kick before one week of powder !

I just booked into Black Diamond Lodge (www.bdlodge.com) - found it through SnowJapan - for 4 days later in February. Their rates for single rooms were very reasonable, and their location at the bottom of Niseko Higashiyama looks excellent for lift access - but it may be a quiet night life from what I've read elsewhere...

Black Diamond is cool (I just spent 2 weeks there) and if you want to really save money they have a dorm room (3750). There bar is good and the restaurant is outstanding. Higashiyama is quiet, however the Black Diamond guys will run you into Hirafu and pick you up later if there are a few of you who want to go party.

I'm currently in Lodge Bam Boo in Hirafu (BDL was full), it's run by Australians and is a cool place. Costs heaps more than BDL though.

Warning: Hirafu is a sausage fest. We were playing "Spot the Female" today... There aren't a lot of women here.

if you wanna meet women they (generally) stay at hotels...they would come in by the busloads to where I worked ;\) Might not have to stay at a hotel but if you sat in the lounge or got an onsen you could meet them pretty easy - prolly easier than at a bar I'd think.

Well, things are getting clearer now: stay at a cheap lodge with smelly dudes or burn the credit card in a nice hotel, staying alone but hopping to get in touch with Japanese ladies...hum hum, as we say in french, "mon coeur balance" (literally "my heart is swinging", means I can't decide).

Creek boy - is it the Prince hotel you are talking about ? I'll check on their website but do you know how much would be a simple room for 7 nights ? Do they still have vacancy ?

Or another idea: arrive at Hirafu without any reservation, find a girl with a flat or hotel room and propose me as a human bed heater ! I've heard the story of a Finland guy who did it in French Alps... let's kick off the challenge, anyone intersted ?

dude, check the package plans - much cheaper. My plan included Air, Hotel, all mountain lift passes, 1 dinner, breakfast every morning, and a discount coupon for all other hotel facilities. If you're pimpin it at the prince, you have a much better chance or laying pipe than if you are bunking it.

CB, you'll have to share some details over a beer sometime. hahaha..

Well, that will be for the next time, I eventually booked at the Lodge Bam Boo for a big "sausage fest" as journey_man would say.

I'm not used to package plans (I usually like to organize my trips alone) but I reckon it's very convenient in Japan. Do you get it in any travel agency ?