So, my planned trip to Niseko has fallen through and I'm thinking of Rusutsu as an alternative.

Anyone been? I've already checked the SJ reviews and it seems good. Also, can anyone recommend a tour operator/deal to get me there?

Many thanks...

Rusutsu will have as much pow as Niseko, but a few more flats in the runs, especially at the bottom. It's a decent sized resort, and they don't seem to worry so much about rope ducking if you don't rub it in their nose. They used to freak at that.

There are two pensions I believe, but I know nothing about them. The main resort hotel is expensive (of course) but the pensions are probably more reasonable. You can get there by bus from Sapporo Stn no problems.

It doesn't always get quite as much snow as Niseko because it's on the other side of Yotei. Last year I was there for 2 weeks in mid mid Feb and spent a number of days on top of Isola looking longingly over at cloud-covered Niseko in the distance, willing the clouds to come over our way..... the flakes aren't quite the giant clusters you get at Niseko either (usually). But - when it snows, which it usually does, the snow is very nice.

Were you there recently powda tele? Might have bumped into you sometime in the last 2 years without knowing it...