Ohoj there! Just moved to Furukawa for two years, And my girl will be joining me in feb.

I like to meet some nice people to ride with. So, if you are ridin in the miyagi district and need some company I'll gladly join in.

I appriciate all the hints I can get on decent mountens to visit. Last weekend I was in the ZAO something, with nice new snow \:\)

Is there anywhere near furukawa that will have a good snowboard park this winter? I try to check the net out, but my japanese inte not that good yet..

/j

SWEDEN

jangle jungle is back and running this year. that is the best and closest to sendai. but from furukawa, you might want to look into riding up in iwate. geto is supposedly great. and not too far from you.

hmmmm, On the "slope map" it says... Quasi National Park ZAO. But thats not the name, right? Its The Mt.Jizo 1736m / Mt.Sanpokojin 1703m anyway. To the left there is the "dragon snow park", but that part was not opend, so ive no idee if its good or not, since I didnt go anywhere near it. does the jangle jungle and geto have good parks?

yeah! They do not seem too far away.

The jungle park seems to have some nice beginner rails.... \:\) ofcoure I only hit the big ones....

I´ll give it a go. thanks lads! Pm me if you wanna hook up! I think I´ll go to Uenono on sunday. If my transportation makes through the weekend. Seee ya!

I tried to go to onikoube today.... but they where kinda out of snow.

Do you know any ski-system that are easy to access whithout a car. (from Furukawa) I havent found any near the in, shinkansen stations, or the local train.

They have a park at Akakura Onsen, complete with half pipe. That's about as close as anything to you, apart from Naruko. Naruko is tiny, and I've never been, but you can get there by train. There is a second area at Naruko, which looks much better, but seems to be closed.

Kurobushi Kogen (Jangle Jungle) is much bigger than Akakura Onsen. They have a couple of rails and a kicker, but I haven't seen a half pipe (not that I'm looking for one).

Onikobe is excellent. I'm surprised that it's still not open.

They have a dancing midget troup at Tainai quite near to me. Well, not actually. But at least it's close. But there's no snow. I'm a little confused this morning.

I'm planning a trip further north this season. It would be good to meet up with a few of your northern types.

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
Kurobushi Kogen (Jangle Jungle) is much bigger than Akakura Onsen. They have a couple of rails and a kicker, but I haven't seen a half pipe (not that I'm looking for one).
Oops, some wrong information. I think what I called rails are boxes. There definitely is a half pipe too, but it`s not open yet.