first timers booked in to Niseko Jan17th-28th...anything we need to know?

What about removing your shoes indoors? I've heard some places enforce it. Say for example...end of a day of riding going back to our hotel, will we have to remove our boots before we get to our room?

Quote:
Originally posted by Indosnm:
doesn't matter if Japanese can't be spoken to buy a camera, research can be done on the net usually in english, then just a matter of finding the model that you want, which in Sapporro would be no problem.
Yeh but if you're going to do that indosmn you would just buy it over the net for cheaper...thus defeating the need to purchase it in sapporo.

That's why I go to a shop, to get advice from a salesperson. Otherwise i'd buy it on the net and avoid the overheads.

I was referring specifically to my experiences in Kutchan at 'best genki' before. I found-
-price was similar to in oz
-nobody spoke english
-the range of cameras on offer were minimal

But hey i still have the camera and it's a good camera so i can't complain.

When I buy a camera, I research the features on the net and decide which would be best for the spec.

Getting it in Japan is sometimes the only option as often there's a 3 month waiting list for stock of the newest models. This was the case for my first T1 a few years ago. I got the camera 3 months before anybody else I know and I could've sold it on for more than I paid for it.

The English manual came at 200Y extra though.

• 2 weeks later...

Got another one...

I don't know if anyone will be willing to give away info like this on a forum, but is there any suggested way to ride Niseko? i.e.- head here first before it gets tracked out, then head here, and maybe ride here for the afternoon. Also, are there any places where you can usually find pow stashes once the mountain is tracked out? And a final one...where can you go for some "off piste" that isn't considered out of bounds resulting in getting your pass clipped?

If you don't want to post this info on here but still want to help out a first timer, PM or email me: stock99z@hotmail.com

Thanks again!

since it's your first time, I'd strongly recommend a guided BC tour for your first day. Very easy to book, cost 12,000 for the day. That way, remember the runs and do it more on subsequent days.

Here's a simple one. Head over to Annupuri in the afternoons on days that don't stop snowing.