OK, my friend is a photographer, and he was originally just gonna come to japan for to ride a bit, but he started talking to some ridiers, and the whole plan is kinda blowing up.

Now he is talking about coming over with some pros, a team manager, and a filmer to get some footage over here for some snowboard films. He wants to know if the resorts can flow them some passes in exchange for exposure in the movies and magazines.

Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

I am also debating on where they should go. It will be Nagano/Niigata, around the second week in January. I am suggesting Myoko and Hakuba, but is there anythwere better, or anywhere people usually film?

Probably would depend on the resort manager and also on how well known these "pros" are. On a few occasions when I was working on resorts and had pros turn up usually we have known a few days in advance and the resort manager was contacted by the Japanese importer/distributor of the company the pros were sponsored by. When the riders arrived the importer had sent someone to translate and also to deal with the resort. If I remember correctly they got complimentary passes but their manager paid the resort for groomer to build a couple of jumps and for use of the snowmobile etc. If a snowboard company is sending its riders, manager and a cameraman to Japan it wouldnt really worry about the small cost of lift tickets but I think if it was organised properly with the resort they would be provided with comp passes by the resort.