Oyuki, you make some good points and i understand and agree with basically everything you said.

I just wanted to correct you because you misinterpreted what I had said before:

Quote:
as for speed, i have to go against Snosurf`s recommendation. If you just started jumping, you shouldn`t be trying any big park jumps that require a lot of speed to clear a long, flat area. Stay within your abilities
Ie you implied that I recommended he attempt big park jumps that require a lot of speed. ( won't reapeat myself - it's explained crystal clear in the above post).

The speed theory applies to all size jumps not just park kickers. I find that when you are learning you have a tendency to speed check as you approach jumps, regardless of their size. This is a bad habit and should generally be avoided.

But that said, you have to be progressive and this does mean taking it slow to begin with and choosing smaller jumps - as you correctly pointed out.

• 1 month later...

Found this on another forum, made me laugh...anyone tried it?

180 SNOWMAN

K, this may sound like a gay trick but its awesome to do, and looks gnarly on tape! so here it is... 1.Find an average jump where you can get at least head hight if you were standing beside the jump. 2. build a snowman about 3-5 feet away from the jump. 3.(you should be pretty confident with your 180`s to do this trick)then go off the jump do a 90 chop off the snowmans head, then you can either do the whole 180 or go back to your normal stance. P.S.Be sure not to compact the snowman to much or else your board wont go threw his neck...and you will do a beautiful face plant....or worst.