So, I let my brother borrow my board for a weekend away and guess what... he returned it with a broken toe strap and some really nice scratches. I guess that'll teach me.

Anyway, after a little research I found that Burton are selling their capstraps separately. Not too cheap (about 5-6000yen), but not too expensive either.

I was wondering if anyone uses these, and if so, what do they think of them. Do they make much of a difference to performance or feel? Are they worth 6000, or should I just pay another 10000 yen or so and get a nice new set of bindings from last year or the year before?

Any comments appreciated!

ditto.

When using caps, you don't even notice that there is a toe strap. I certainly like them, enough so that is makes considering other brands a little pointless.

Anyone handled this season's C60? Geez that highback looks fragile but also a good measure more comfy than the existing C60 high back.

Stiff response and comfort have always been a bit at odds with high backs, thats why I like the missions, and the team skybacks - enough response, but still comfy.

Its a shame they stopped the CFX - that was one of the best bindings ever, i think. The classic tray design, stiffer than the cartels but not as stiff as the carbon ones, and a mid-stiff high back.

Is it me or have Burton been realising that some of their stuff was a little TOO good in the past, and introducing more flashy products with shorter working lives - like all the comfy flexy high backs with thin hinges that will fatigue...????

Not seen the co2. Looking now.

All I want is light and strong with comfort third. Although I did like the cartel for comfort. That bendy highback hinge did cause me worry though. There is logic in that of it bends, it doesn't snap.

Although I usually bash burton products and Kumapix gets angry, :p

I have to admit that the capstrap is one of the best things that came lately out of burton and probably a major improvement for strap bindings. I use the P1 carbons and although there are some features I don’t like much I am unwilling to change bindings because I am too much used to it. As spud mentioned, you can hardly feel the toe strap.

Thanks for the advice.

I still haven't decided what to do. Got at least a month or two to think about it.

I did have a bit of a look on the internet and found some of last seasons Missions for about 17,000 yen, which is not too bad.