keba... so... "responsible" thesedays....its a ski holiday ffs ... = "irresponsible" = carted off mountain in blood bucket (except for me) = stupid jumping of small cornices to one up each other = trying to beat GPS speed record = *actually going somewhere where maybe we dont know if they have Heinz baby food* in advance....

= ski patrol going "avalanche risk" ..."be careful"... (yes they did this)

= under orange ropes

= food that could be horse

= striptease outside Seikomart (perhaps not..again ...let me say clearly it wasnt me up front)

oh and NO IM NOT GOING TO NISEKO! (unless they excise the Aussies and make the mountain better)

remember Warren:

"quit your job and move to a ski resort"

you think Im kidding but I swear to God I will do this before i die. Tj has re-inspired me..

The nanny can have her own room \:\) and the beautiful thing is she can stock it with 2 8 month old kids leaving the parents (ie us) to fully reap the love hotel rewards!

Of course if I get to choose the right nanny perhaps we could share ;\)

As for love hotels... they look really cool! (baby will never know and what a 21st photo!)

So....thread change --> recommend me a love hotel..something themed and moderately out there...(i like sci fi and or latex) ... I need to surprise my wife...something "interesting"...come on...if you all must go the "I have a friend who went to..." then thats fine, bring on the love hotel thread!

remember Popeye Hut at Nozawa? ;\)

Prize for someone who knows the motto! (except Keba)

Ok, not the motto, but reminded me of a joke:

What's the difference between Popeye and Jesus?

One went up the Mt of Olives...

The other mounted Olive! (perhaps in a love hotel)

Quote:
IM NOT GOING TO NISEKO! (unless they excise the Aussies and make the mountain better)

Well that would exclude you then!

Off your soapbox Phool... :p

Yes I know it's a ski holiday, but snow is snow, and this is our first trip with kids in tow. I don't think you appreciate the difference between skiing off a cliff and travelling with an infant. It's not just about finding the right brand of baby food or nappies.

A Love hotel will be cute for the night in Tokyo, but in Hakuba we need accomodation with kitchen, bathroom, laundry. It's not like the old days, mate. We have babies that will need stuff that cannot easily be found in hotel accommodation. The nanny will need space, and facilities to make sure both babies are fed and can sleep and can be entertained, safely. You've done the research, and there is no accommodation in Hakuba that meets the minimum specs. There is lots in Niseko that does, and that is why it is full of Australians, because it's set up for it.

Yes, I'm Mr Responsible all of a sudden, I'm a dad. Stripping to my undies in front of a packed Seicomart in -10C was a piece of cake, by comparison.

laundry tick, microwave tick, common living space tick, broadband tick, easier access than the Bne CBD with a falling down motorway tick, flights (nearly tick), nanny (essentially tick), ffs what *more do you want*, proximity to hill (close enough), english speaking hosts (yes)....proximity to shuttle yes, proximity to stores yes...lots of powder hell yes!...

So what if its a little difficult...if its too scary we will scale back rooms, and Canada can solve your needs.

no one knows the Popeye hut at Nozawa motto...surely this is easy ..... (except keba unless noone knows)

Oh and BP you are not too far off the motto! and I consider myself outside the thronging masses for the usual resort destinations..to be honest I really didnt think too much of Niseko: tracked out by 11 and top half too crappy with vis...but any ski days a good day...

Sorry to stall the thread on a bummer note. Phool and I been out the back to sort out our differences like men :p

Seriously, is the Nagano Shinkansen/Hakuba Bus combination going to be more or less painful than Express/Local train to Hakuba staion? We will be travelling with two 8-month old infants and associated paraphernalia. Neither of us have ever travelled outide or own neighbourhood with babies, let alone long-distance public transportation. Anyone had such experience they'ed like to share?