Hi All,

Now that the winter is over and we are at April already most of the buses services at Yuzawa station

are not working anymore (for ex, I visited to iwappara last weekend and there were no buses anymore, I had to take a cab).

I was wondering if anyone knows how can I get to Mitsumata Kagura from Yuzawa station assuming I arrive by a shinkansen on a Saturday.

I tried to look it up on the english website without too much luck (well, also english is not my native lang).

If anyone happens to know,

I will appreciate it!

Thanks.

There is a shuttle bus that operates until May 7, 2006:

Kagura Shuttle Bus Schedule

It departs from the west exit of Echigo Yuzawa Station, from Hatago Isen.

First stop is Mitsumata, the second stop is Tashiro.

Note that this is different from the Echigo Bus (local) service. This is run by Minami Echigo Kanko Bus.

Hope this helps,

Hi there, there is a local bus almost every 30 minutes after 6:00 am leaving from the East exit.

If you have a friend that can speack Japanesse, call the bus terminal ofice to verify the exact time-table. The number is 025-784-3321

yep - there is still a shuttle bus from yuzawa to kagura...

if none, im screwed tomorrow!!!

btw, ill taking the first shinkansen out of tokyo tomorrow, and arrive in yuzawa around 7:30 - just in time for the FIRST shuttle bus!

WantToSki,

Well, same here, I plan to take the first shinkansen out of tokyo to echigo yuzawa and from there hopefully I will find the bus to kagura!

If you will notice a short guy with black hair and a board on his back! cest moi! Come to say hi!

Cheers mate!

First bus leaves from the west exit around 7:35am. It should cost around 300 yen.

At Echigo Yuzawa stn thery usually have people standing around to help direct you to the right bus. Just tell them Kagura and they'll show you where to go.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ryo:
WantToSki,

Well, same here, I plan to take the first shinkansen out of tokyo to echigo yuzawa and from there hopefully I will find the bus to kagura!

If you will notice a short guy with black hair and a board on his back! cest moi! Come to say hi!

Cheers mate!
just got back from Kagura... still enough snow to enjoy, however, hhhhmmm... i didnt find it as exciting as other ski resorts ive been to (ie., Happo).

regardless,...

were you one of those that got a free lift from a Japanese ojisan in his small van (there was one case of onigiri inside)?

PS: i only got to read this post only now, and if i read it a day earlier, i would have said "Hi"
 Quote:
Originally posted by WantToSki:
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ryo:
WantToSki,

Cheers mate!
just got back from Kagura... still enough snow to enjoy, however, hhhhmmm... i didnt find it as exciting as other ski resorts ive been to (ie., Happo).

regardless,...

were you one of those that got a free lift from a Japanese ojisan in his small van (there was one case of onigiri inside)?

PS: i only got to read this post only now, and if i read it a day earlier, i would have said "Hi"
Well, I actually enjoyed it quite a lot, it was a fine day and the snow was not too bad. The only things that kind of ruined the day was the wind at the afternoon.

That was not me, I took the bus to and from echigoyuzawa eki!

Well, next time then \:D I will most probably spend several days at Yuzawa during golden week to "close" my snowboard season.

cheers