XilR8,

I hadn't seen one of those tuning devices before, that looks pretty convienent. I have a small handheld tuner, but it's not adjustable. Thanks for the link.

I agree, it seems the Japanese like jumping and ground tricks more than jibbing.

-SJA

had my stick factory set at 90 degrees and was catching edges like crazy, re-tuned it with 89 on the base and .5 on the sides. I reccomended to myself to start with that since its easier to go to 88 and 1 if necessary without taking off excess material then to have too loose a board and having to reset to 90 or the 89/.5 setting. Made a world of a difference. Still got bite on ice and pack and no catching on the box rails (even though im a complete noob to the park) Picked up the SKS-3000 tuner that retails for over 100usd at only 5000 yen. Has multiple settings for bevel and the blade swings with the natural curve of the board. Cuts clean and efficiently. Olympic sports in Shinonoi *nagano* is where I bought it and they have some of the best deals on equip. I have seen. Here is a link to FKS tools for those interested

http://www.fktools-us.com/ProductCategory.asp?Category=SKS%20Tuning%20Tools