So I'll be going to Joetsu Kokusai this coming Tuesday by shinkansen to echigoyuzawa. My shin will arrive in yuzawa at 9:34. My question is, are there any other ways of getting to joetsu kokusai without having to wait a freakin hour for the train connection to joetsu kokusai ski-jo mae stn?

Are there shuttle buses running during the weekdays? How much would a taxi cost? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi there

Unfortunately according to this page:

http://www.jkokusai.co.jp/joetsu/route/bus3.html

it looks like there isn't a shuttle bus running on that Tuesday.

A taxi to JK from Yuzawa would be expensive - probably somewhere between 3000-4000 yen (really not sure on that), so unfortunately waiting for the train might be the way to go.

Hope you enjoy your day.... pray for snow!

Thanks sj #5!

When we got to the shinkansen stn yesterday they told me there was a free shuttle bus that leaves at 9:50. So we didn't have to wait over 2 hours for the train thank goodness.

It was a beautiful day yesterday at joetsu. It was actually pretty warm. Snow was nice and soft. An awesome day! clap.gif

Actually, I approached the Green Plaza Hotel shuttle first and the driver asked me if i was staying in the hotel or day tripping (higaeri). When I told him I was day tripping, he directed me to go to the other side of the station where a shuttle bus for day trippers would pick us up at 9:50. Being 9:45 at the time, my friend and I hauled a** to get there. Another girl working there directed us to the bus stop, which was across the street in front of a japanese restaurant.