• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried out my new board (Head Intelligence i.CT) and I think it could be quite good. hard to tell as I was also wearing new boots and using new bindings, so too much new stuff at once. And to be honest, any good board was going to feel great after my waxless soggy stick with heavily burred and rounded edges, About the board:

- 2cm shorter than my old one and riding with a centred stance in soft off piste snow I was digging the nose more often. The snow was heavy mud with a 1inch sun crust on top and I did at least three nose dive cartwheels. Not the boards fault. This board will never become my key powder board, but it was not bought for that anyway.

- Although 2cm shorter, it is 8mm wider. I only notice the slightly harder turning effort when going really slow.

- On piste the snow was heavy and lumpy, not great. I was able to ride much faster than on other boards I have ridden. I have no idea if the chip and fibres were kicking in and can't comment on if they work or not. The board certainly goes fast, you can sometimes feel it accelerate. But that might be what all good boards do (except my over ridden ride which is now in retirement)

- Messing around: I can still do basic little flat-land spins like on my old board. No change there.

So far, I am perfectly happy with the board and lovingly waxed and tuned in on Sunday.

I had a few foot cramps getting used to my new bindings (C60). They are not nearly as comfortable as Cartels (which I picked up last season super cheap and have donated to GF this season). But the light board and light bindings are a breeze. I will hardly even mind carrying that stuff on my pack.

Boots are great, but my old ones were so shaped to my foot that I now get a few 'new boot cramps'. It will take a few sessions before these ones become one with my hoof. Besides the newness, they feel great on my feet.

surfinsmiley - good to see anothe malamute lover!