maximum respekt to da niseko junglist massive, aiiiiii! ;\)

Gyu bar seemed to be the coolest bar in Niseko. The guy who runs it was playing all this whacky lounge music last time i went, but i'd say he's open to anything - maybe talk to him about doing a dnb night? he has decks & a mixer. i think you'd be hard pushed to hire gear there... maybe kutchan? i've also heard kutchan has some good bars.

But, as far as i know, there are still no nightclubs in niseko - just a few bars.

no shortage of yummy noodles though \:\)

yeah we're coming through sydney & might be playing a gig or two there, so i thought i'd see if there's much happening in niseko.

. . . but it's a holiday, so i want to do ZERO legwork. \:D

i might bring a pouch of TDK dubs just incase.

and yes, bring on the noodle !!

you probably wouldve been ok if youd left out "shameless self promotion" & specified that its an independant radio station (& therefore, if its anything like 2ser in sydney or 4zzz in brisbane, you dont get paid for doing the show)

im in sydney, whats the details on your gigs? i will try & check em out.

oh, & here's a cool site i "found" ;\) - its an independant radio station in perth. probably worth tuning into (online broadcasts)

http://www.rtrfm.com.au/

yeah that's a cool radio station. perth's best, in my opinion. and pretty much everyone involved in the station is a volunteer.

also they have this great show on each afternoon, full frequency, on wednesdays it's dedicated to dnb. . the guys do a pretty good show. ;\)

re: sydney, not sure as yet, i'm hoping to hook up with the break&enter guys & guest on their show. as i'll be there from the 3rd - 6th of feb. (on my way home from japan).

i think they do a saturday night show.

but as i said, it's a holiday & it's more about booze/food/doing nothing.

anyways, back on topic.

i'm going to have boots by the time i arrive in niseko, but i presume i'll be able to hire a decent board easily enough?

bummer - im off to japan on the 3rd, so no dnb for me.

have never hired a board in niseko - i'd imagine that these days it'd be no problem, but i recall a few years ago they used to say that you should take a board because they didnt have any long I (gaijin-sized) powder boards for hire.

i'm only small so i hope that's not a problem.

i've got a few weeks to suss it. hopefully a few people will put posts like:

"yeah contact my mate @ such&such, he'll sort you out"

hmm, but that could constitute advertising.

what a pickle.

with all due respect, i cant say i blame him - telling people about the radio program you do (for a community station) when someone (me) has asked about it is a long way from advertising imho.

& anyway, i dont think he's out to annoy anyone - he's merely expressing bemusment at what appears to be some heavy-handed editing.

data & i are just sharing an interest in dance music here, no-ones trying to promote a product.

where's the PLUR? \:D

Frankly, whether he was out to annoy anyone or not, he succeeded in doing so.

This has been said more than a few times before, but we'll say it again... We hardly ever touch any posts on here - you can count the instances on one hand since the season started (with a few fingers left over). It is that few. We hardly think that is heavy-handed. Unfortunately, when something like this happens there is almost always some response - either a totally offensive email to us (which of course really endears us to the poster), or a kickback on the forums and things get all out of hand - and as you might imagine we are not keen on that either. So taking any kind of deleting/editing action is really not something we want to do and actually we want to avoid it as much as we can.

But when we do delete something we do so for what we think is a good reason (and whether people think it a correct move or not, the bottom line is that it is our decision and it's not really up for discussion).

Quote:
whether people think it a correct move or not
As far as I can see, all were good calls - including the one or two occasions where yours truly were at the receiving end! :p