Hi guys,

We`re thinking about buying walkie talkie style radios for our snowboard crew. Any recommendations on models/features? do they make the small in ear type ones???? Also if anyone has any recommendations on where to buy radios in Japan that would be much appreciated!

cheers and hope everyone had a good xmas on the snow!

Pete cool.gif

I recommend the Motorola CLS1110, they cost more then normal ones, because they use 56 UHF business exclusive frequencies. Which reduce the chances of picking up other people's frequencies.

The only downside to them is that they don't sell in pairs. I loved mine, ever since my friends and I each brought one to use at the mountains.

I brought 5 together with my friends. Cost each of us around $70 each, they retail for $125 each. But they been replaced with newer model by Motorola. Brought them off ebay from a motorola dealer 2 years ago.

I would check on ebay, since they are no longer being produce price for them should drop quite a bit.

As for range they are pretty good, I could talk to my friends around Whistler BC mountain without any problem.

They have a 5 miles range, here are some spec on the CLS1110 model:

1 Watt UHF Transmit Power

CLS1110 - 1 channel

56 built-in UHF frequencies

121 Privacy Codes

No VOX Capability - See CLS1410 is VOX required.

LCD Display with Battery Meter and Signal Srength Indicator

Operating Range is up to 5 miles

Includes Lithium Ion rechargeable Battery, drop-in charger, swivel holster

Operates up to 12 hours on a single charge

100% Compatible with Spirit GT and GT+ radios