I'm staying there for a month soon and was just wondering if anyone has stayed there in the past and can tell me what about it? Or maybe you've heard some stories or reports from some of their past guests? Their website is nice and it seems like a cool place so i'm looking forward to it. Any info would be great, cheers.

Also, anyone know where I can find a reasonably detailed map of hirafu village (in English)?

I remember a couple of weeks ago Snow Japan added maps of Niseko, i can't find them though but maybe someone else knows the link! I have a good map in english from last year which i can scan in a couple of days if you can't find anything else

Ausbc,

Lodge Bamboo is comfortable and in a good location in the mid lower village right near the bus stop and near to the onsen and a couple of great restaurants and bars. Its not luxury but for the price and location its good value, run by an aussie guy, its sort of a backpacker environment but its warm and clean and friendly. I've had friends stay there while I have been over at Nisekolodge.com and they had no complaints.

There is also a new coffee shop/lounge bar and ski hire opening up next door also.

A good village map I use is

www.niseko-hirafu.com/nisekopowderconnection/info/village_map.htm