Anyone want to go to a first screening/release party for 4 of this year's snowboard videos?

here's a rough translation from http://www.championvisions.com

Shibuya AMUSE CQN, starts 21:30 both nights

9/20 (Tues) "From _, With Love" (Mack Dawg Productions) & "The Big Blind" (Whiteout Films)

9/21 (W) "24-7" (Red Eyes Films) & "TYRANT" (MJ Digital tesurikyokai)

3000 yen for both nights, includes 1 drink.

Seats are limited & tickets go on sale 8/21 by telephone only. Tickets limited to 3 per person.

PM me if you wanna go!

• 1 month later...

update:

there were some killer scenes the videos. The director of MDP's "From_ With Love" and Lucas Huffman made a stage appearance before the showing of the video. the ending sequence of that video was sick!! the japanese videos weren't bad either. "24-7" had some good clips and "Tyrant" was all about Japanese rails.

BUT what is up with the tokyo crowd? i've been to other premeries in osaka where i used to live and everybody exploded. the other day, i saw some fools sleeping during the videos... maybe it was that monday and friday was a holiday, maybe it was that the video fest didn't start until 9:30 or maybe it was that it is only SEPTEMBER, but i've seen senior citizens get more excited playing bingo than most of this crowd. i only saw one or two other foreigners there besides some of the pros.

overall, the videos were a teaser for the season, now we just have to wait for the snow...

yeah, yama, hope there are some premeries in kansai... i went to one in the fall of 03' at a basement bar across the street from triangle park.

anyway, got a bunch of freebees from championvisions at the white film fest...stickers, a t-shirt, a Wildcats handkerchief/bandana, and about 9 old DVDs (04' and before)--Kevolution, Back in Black, among others

i've never heard of any ski video premeries in Japan, but i don't pay much attention to ski magazines. i'd found the boarding film fest in the Japanese edition of Transworld Snowboarding... if you hear of something, let me know! thumbsup.gif