Hey, I'm trying to find out the cheapest (doesn't have to be the fastest) way from Tokyo to the resorts in Hakuba and back. I saw the Shinkansen is about 8000yen b/w Tokyo and Nagano one way \:\( . Are there slower and cheaper train or bus services? Thanks in advance for the help!

Also, just quickly, finding out lift/hire prices is a pain! I found that hakuba47 has a 5 day pass, but what about hire? they only had 1 day prices... Please don't tell me they charge per day! In Australia 7 days is the $ of 3 single days! eek.gif

cheers thumbsup.gif :p

The cheapest way is a bus service from Shinjuku and v.v.

4,700 yen for one way per person.

I am not sure if you can find a 1 week ski/snowboard equipment rental with 3 single days here eek.gif

Rental shops I have contranct with usually offer cheaper rates per day if it's long term rental than just for 1 day. wave.gif

winpy, spicy, and some others. Fattwins.

Depends on the shoe size, sometimes no design choice for my guests if they had really big feet like over 30cms. eek.gif

I am always busy to find one, then.

And hard thing is, in some countries they have some special measurement system for their feet and they are all different which is really confusing to me. Europe shoe size/ U.S. shoe size/ U.K shoe size etc . And men and women size are different even in a same country

confused.gif

awesome! thanks so much for the fast replies

the hire is for my girlfriend, if she can afford it we'll try and buy her a setup here, she's tall but luckily has small feet so we can still hire as a last resort!

There is also a train from sinjuku station that goes straight to Hakuba and is 8000 yen one way/person, a bit cheaper if you buy return. For the same train they also shell a booklet with 6 vouchers inside, at around 33000 yen for the root sinjuku-hakuba. So if you are 3 persons it comes around 5500 one way/person. It takes about 4 hours to get to hakuba.

hmmm, i was looking at the JYH page and we're thinking about staying in the Tokyo Yoyogi hostel for a 2/3 nights in Tokyo, its across from Sangubashi Station (http://www.jyh.or.jp/english/kanto/yoyogi/index.html) ... it's 3000yen per night which is pretty damn cheap! would this be an ok location to see shinjuku, shibuya, rapongi and asakusa? Has anyone had any experience or advice about cheap accommodation in Tokyo? cheers !