I have bought new boots for the season - Technica Icons with "Hot Form 3" liners - and need to purchase footbeds as well....

Comformable seems to be one of the best available and so I will go with them - but here is my question...

Does anyone know if putting the footbeds inside the "SH3" liners when heated will ruin the fit of the footbeds? I have asked this question in the shop and have gotten a mixed response - NO it won't hurt them and It shouldn't hurt them..... I am adamant about using the footbeds when the liner is formed or otherwise the fit will be altered when the beds are used...

Any practical experiences out there??

Cheers,

Hey higuma.

I have a pair of Raichle Flexon's which I bought last year with Thermo liners that were baked sweetly.

I use Conformable foot beds in these no problmes at all.

When I had my babies baked the footbeds were put in after the heating and right before my leg slid into that ever so hot liner.

I am sure you know this, but hre goes anyway; the fittign process actually occurs as the liner cools down and not as it is heated up, so the beds don't need to be in there when heated up. Unless of course they are heat fit type in which case they would be done seperately anyway.

There doesn't seem to be a problem with the fit nor any damage to the liner or the foot beds.

I don't know about the "SH3" liners, but with mine if you make a mistake you just heat em up again and do it over.

Don't know if this helps but thought I would offer it anyway.

Thanks Mogski... Yes the HF3 liners work the same way I geuss, in that they can be redone over again....

The one difference is that HF3 uses a electrical transformer to send electricity through a coil or something in the the liner to heat and "expand" the fitting material... It doesn't use a heat gun or a easy bake oven type set up...

And yes I would think that the footbeds should be inserted post-heating process...

Cheers,

Those are the boots that you can get an adapter for the cigarette lighter and plug them in to heat up before wearing or dry after wearing right?

Gone are the days of the newspaper stuffed in the boots....

Correct....

I can't wait to get the beds done and then fit the boots ~ ~ they are already the best feeling stock fit my feet have ever had before having to get my priest to excercise the demons from them...

Also the realistic twin canting system has already cured a bad alignment problem I had because of a torn up ACL and medial miniscotomy..

Heck, I might even learn to like these boots...

Cheers....

With them problems(not even gogin to begin to understand the medial whatever that was) perhaps you should think about spending that money on buying yourself a set of lawn bowls or something! \:D