G'Day everyone!

I wanted to know how the run classifications in Japan compare to those in other countries, especially Australia. I know there are beginner, intermediate, advanced and expert runs in most if not all countries.

What wanted to know are ,say, the intermediate runs in Japan more challenging than in Australia or Canada etc?

I hope this makes sense??

Cheers!

Drew

Drew,

From my experiences here in Japan on the slopes - not that much really - I would say that an average blue / intermediate run here was a little less of a challenge from the terrain standpoint - steeps, bumps etc.., - but where they make up for it is in the "generally" narrower runs... If you get in the steeps here there is no room for 30m GS turns like at Blackcomb etc.., But there is great challange with lots of SL type fast fall line skiing...

That's why I purchased SL cut skis for the first time in my life... just no room for the kind of GS turns I'm used to here...

Wait, I take that back..... there is room for GS skiing - But ONLY if there is no one else on the slopes that day............. \:D