Snowsport School ?? Which one ?

Looking for a place to spend a week in lessons.

Prefer native speaker, but a local who can say good and better will do \:\(

What is your experience and recommendations ?

Done Club Med ... not the greatest teachers and prefer ryokans.

Does anyone go to the same place due to it's teachers ?

Any help greatly appreciated \:\)

Where will I board?? I really dont know. Never don it before in Japan at all really).

There are SO MANY places to go. I have started to investigate them. Last weekend I visited Nikko and this weekend I will probably go to Nagano area, whatever that means.

I plan to go every weekend, mostly for 2 day trips. I am in Tokyo so most trips will be near to town. But perhaps not always the easiest to get to from Tokyo as they may well be the most crowded? Does it work that way? I suppose I hope to identify a resort that is my "old reliable' where I know what is going on and always have a good time at. Then outside of that I will try different places based on reports I read (snow conditions etc) There are simply to many to choose from and until I get a few weekends under my belt I suspect I will be happy with anywhere that has snow.

My girlfriend will return to Japan after for new years eve. After that she will come with me so no doubt where I end up going will be influenced by here preferences as well. As she does not yet work in Japan I will be paying for the lot which will double the cost of a weekends skiing for me. Does anyone know of a job for an inexperienced female programmer?

One of my mates shouted 'Turn, turn!' at me. I found that very helpful, and have never needed any more professional advice. Or at least, not professional advice that costs more than a day's lift ticket. Another of my mates said 'Get yer bum in and bend yer knees ya big gallah'. I think that's what he said anyway - he was yelling from the chairlift.

What, like carrying a hip flask with port and Cointreau in it?

Seriously, I am tempted to have a lesson, just to see what I might be missing. Be sure to report if you do take one, eh.

Which part of Naggers are you thinking of visiting BTW?

eleven,

re: visiting nagano.... I only today realised that 'nagano' is actually a big city, not just a prefecture?. And when one talks about resorts in nagaono, some are near the city, others all over the place. What I would like to do is a recon. of onr area... how to get there, what to expect when i get there etc. Any suggestions?

deebee, it really depends on how you come and how long you stay.

If you got the train up to Nagano city and hired a car, you could go down to Hakuba/Omachi and see what's there, sightsee in Nagano city a bit and maybe even go up past Nozawa to Yuzawa in Niigata (although it's a significant drive). If you don't hire a car, things will be a lot more sedate I reckon.

Seeing all the resorts in Hakuba and Yuzawa, even in the summer, is quite an inspiration...

Thanks Ocean,

cant hire a car as I didnt arrange an international drivers license before I left home. I will only be there for a day, so I am not sure how I will go about it. I am tempted to leave it until a weekend where I can go both sat and sun.

cheers