A message from our Niseko Now reporter (17th October 2023)

• SnowJapan Admin

Our Niseko Now reporter is starting to wake up from hibernation and posted a message.

The report isn't appearing on the Niseko Now section of the site yet (for complicated technical reasons), so it is being posted here...

------------------------------------------------------------

NISEKO NOW 
Tuesday 17th October 2023

Hello, and good morning from Niseko. It's been a while! 

It's Tuesday, 17th October 2023, and I am just about starting to slowy emerge from my annual hibernation. I'm just glad I didn't melt away in the silly heat of the summer! All intact, I think.

I am happy to report that it is now lovely and cool - even cold by some people's standards - and the first sprinklings of snow have been reported on the mountains. There was some over on Mt Yotei just over a week ago, and this morning, I can see the first visible snow on our very own Annupuri range here. I probably say this every year, but it's pretty mad how quickly it seems to (and does) change.

Very exciting. 🙂

Before we get too excited, though, let me point out that we are about six and a half weeks away from the planned opening dates of the ski areas. They all plan to open at the beginning of December.

In the meantime, we still have a lot of autumn to enjoy, so let's do that as we remain, or at least try to remain, patient.

I will be with you daily once the ski lifts open and getting into gear with regular reports in the lead-up to that. So I'll see you again soon!

https://www.snowjapan.com/japan-daily-snow-weather-reports/Niseko-Now