could someone please educate me on what the bigger sized and better quality resorts are in Shiga Kogen. I seem to not be able to gather so much info on them.

Also, how are they clustered? can you stay in a town and have a set of resorts dotted around the town? Kind of like Hakuba town with 47/G/Happo.

I asked the same question a while back, but didn't get a sensible answer either.

Has nobody been here? If you have, what does 'linked' actually mean, beyond having shared tickets? Can you start say in area 1 and board your way across to area 6, or do you need to hike/drive?

A clear answer would be much appreciated.

I would have thought looking at that middle blue picture there it was fairly clear.

You can ride most of it without getting off your plank(s), apart from between Maruike and the Kumanoyu part (in the bottom right) where I there is a bus that takes you the few hundred meters to and from. Walk it if you want too, but I wouldn't want.

Just looking at the map of Shiga Kogen makes me want to avoid the place altogether. I`ve studied different versions of its map and I really doubt if all of the separated areas are easily connected. Also, will I really be able to check out all of them in one day and get my money`s worth? I imagine driving there will be hell too(only one road), with its famous reputation and all. Personally I think I`ll have better luck going somewhere else. \:\)

Ive been a couple of times and in my humble opinion there are better places to go nearby. The road is a nightmare, esp coming home tired at the end of the day on 2 lines of ice in the wheel ruts and a billion cars infront of you, everyone going 15 km/h - no thanks.

Admitidly I have only been at the beginning and endish of the season and it wasnt connected that good, not like goryu/47 and actually ended up getting a mate to drive in his boarding boots. And then getting stuck in some tree runs to get back. The runs were ok with a bit of goodie bits but I wouldnt bother going when there is much better elsewhere. Oh and it gets damn cold cos its so high - down to minus 15 one day ouuuuch eek.gif