Today was the first day I tried telemark skiing. Had an awesome time! Took a class taught by a few Japanese folks. I really suprised myself today by only taking a few sliders on the snow. Has anyone else tried telemark skiing? Let me know if you liked it or thought it just totally sucked!

Ski-On,

Dave

Hey, I am in learning process myself too. I haven't taken a lesson yet though, perhaps I should. I`ve just been going cross-country skiing, climbing to the stop of something and then trying to get down it. Lots of fun.

Chris

You may have found that tele skiing uses essentially the same techniques with Alpine. If you want you can ski, do air, tricks just as hard as alpine folks. See videos like Unparalleled or Laying it down/Total telemark. I have been teleing for the last 6 years and changes in equipment has pushed telesking to a viable way to ride in all kinds of conditions. I think it is just as fun as bording.

Yeah - got to second IM there. Tele skiing rocks. Love it big time. I have a hard time putting on my alpine stuff anymore. It is just so restrictive - feels like below my knees I'm attached to some boards via cinder blcoks. Been teleing for 12 yrs now and it keeps getting better. Somewhat of a lighter setup than alpine, less restrictive with the boots, and something about realy laying some turns down on the tele skis. Stick with it - it is hard to get good at. Just got to keep doing it - I've taken a few ski tips in the chest - shake it off and keep charging.