I was reading this interview with Jake Burton about his board the "Stone Hut" where he said

"after talking to Terje and riding with him, I fell in love with the idea of having a lot of float in front of your front foot."

I've always thought a long, wide nose or tapered board gave lots of float in front of your front foot, what other kind of float is there?

What do you think he means?

Isnt he a HUGE fan of the nug. And by huge i mean HEEEEEUUUUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEE!!! i maybe mis-remembering this but i think i remember him once talking it up as the next logical step in snowboarding. He might just be meaning that riding with Terje a bit has changed his mind on it. So he still loves the concept and size of the nug, but he also realises theres scope for some serious float with a wider shape. I dont think he means that tapering the board or making it wider is the ONLY way to get float or even the best way, but just that its the best way for what he wants to do with his sig board: ie. semi-nug it and maximise float.

True that. I ride a wide twin board and the float is more under your feet at speed with a wide board, but I have powder specific boards too and prefer the feeling of your back foot and board sunk in and kind of pushing your turns off the snow under the nose.

Don't know anyone who has ridden a Stone Hut, so no idea how it rides in pow. Would like to know how a NUG or a raduction board floats in REALLY deep snow, like Teine Highland bowls, steep deep and fast.