I am so desperate to get my hands on a Burton Fish it's not even funny!

Not a big fan of Burton boards in general, but the Fish is something I need in my life.

Looking to sniff out an older model (2002-2008) ideally, with the regular (for Burton) mount holes. The 156 model would be best and don't wanna spend an arm and a leg to get it.

Can anyone here on SJ (in Japan) help make my dreams come true?

Pleeeeease :friend:

What does a Burton Fish look like, my local Book Off has a lot of boards, if you post a picture I'll have a look for you. (Yes I know I could check the web for it, but I probably would get it wrong, I don't know much about boards)

Finding the older model Fish is pretty difficult in Japan these days. Most of the guys I know who ride those models hold onto them as they are solid boards and you don't get much wear and tear riding powder. Good luck though! Getting the '07 Fish changed riding for me!

What does a Burton Fish look like, my local Book Off has a lot of boards, if you post a picture I'll have a look for you. (Yes I know I could check the web for it, but I probably would get it wrong, I don't know much about boards)

Yeah, it looks like the photo Beaverinho posted, but the older ones don't have the mini swallow tail going on. Lemme know if your Book Off has one. Like Black Mountain said, people here don't get rid of them as often as people who live in less snowy parts of the world :eyes:

I have been looking on ebay/ gumtree over here. Seen one fish in about 2 months and it went quick (missed it). Older model, no mini swallow tail and inserts/not est, all good for non est bindings. I think it went for about $200.

I am still looking and will keep an eye out for you but there will need to be two. ;)

Picking up a 2nd hand burton Malaloo (bit more common - seen two come up) and NS summitt soon, found on ebay, and hopefully a fish soon to try out. Gunna try a few out, keep what I like and hopefully resell left overs, but for the price is not too much of a worry.

They have new cudas on sale for ~ $300/400 & heaps of freestyle boards / all brands

Why 156? Or fish cuit?

I have been looking on ebay/ gumtree over here. Seen one fish in about 2 months and it went quick (missed it). Older model, no mini swallow tail and inserts/not est, all good for non est bindings. I think it went for about $200.

I am still looking and will keep an eye out for you but there will need to be two. ;)

Picking up a 2nd hand burton Malaloo (bit more common - seen two come up) and NS summitt soon, found on ebay, and hopefully a fish soon to try out. Gunna try a few out, keep what I like and hopefully resell left overs, but for the price is not too much of a worry.

They have new cudas on sale for ~ $300/400 & heaps of freestyle boards / all brands

Why 156? Or fish cuit?

Thanks Rucky Inu.

Yeah, they come up fairly often on US and Canada auction sites fairly cheap, but get snapped up quick most of the time. The Never Summer powder sticks seem good too, but I am pretty much set on the Fish as my tree/powder board.

Want the 156 as it is ideal for me. I am 77 kgs and 5'11" (whatever that is in cms), so can easily get away with the 156 model. The shorter Fishcuit would work, but they all come with the est mount system I think.

don't you like the channel system?

Not too keen on the idea Tubby. Never tried it, but had a Forum board with a similar system way back in the day and it sucked!

Also, I dont wanna buy est bindings for the fish, as it will be used only on those 15 or 20 tree powder days in the season. I hear the est to normal binding attachment thingys are not great.....

All that said, if a cheap 156 Fish with est mount system comes up, I may well take it :confused:

Yeah Neck the 156 will be fine I have ridden both mine (purchased for $AU100) 2005 and 2007 at around 84Kgs.

Keep your eyes open and you will get one maybe from international (some place in Melbourne had 2012 for $399 last year)

See link

Justed checked my local BookOff, 17 Burton boards, but no Burton Fish

Suimasen Onehunga Whats a Book Off?

BookOff is a large chain of second hand book stores in Japan, however some of them have branched out and have large amounts of other second hand items. My local one has a large area devoted to clothes, a lot of electronic equipment, along with a massive amount of sports gear.

The recycle stores around Nagano have loads of boards in winter, but seems like they switch them all out for the summer :rolleyes: No joy around here.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Neck, I may have what your looking for, I have a 160 and a 156 fish that aren't being used at all , they are both the first of the EST models but,with bindings. About 5 years old from memory . Anyway I'm in Hakuba all year round if your interested.

Pg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...