Fights with devils here in Japan seems rather easy.

Just throw some beans at them and they seem to falter, the big wusses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY81egW6p9o

Even little kids can fend them off.

Rubbish devils.

Sorry this thread is published a little later than expected. I have been busy with planning domes, fine tuning my weather forecasting and and solving Niseko's 'wind problems' (also possibly bean related).

I was the devil again this year. As usual my wife and daughter were pelting me pretty good. My wife was really winging them....I sensed some hostility actually. Glad I had that little mask on with the eye holes too close together. She could have taken an eye out pitching handfuls of them beans. I got her back though by stepping on every one I could see sitting on the floor. Clean em up woman..!! ;)

• Like 1

I haven't clicked on the video but that's a pisspoor one in the preview image. It looks like something off Sesame Street. The one at my son's kindy usually traumatizes half the kids.

I got pelted with peanuts in their shells this time. They're quite painful, but they can be collected and eaten, even off the snow.

My kids only got to throw one bag's worth because I unwittingly ate the other bag the night before during the football.

I was the devil again this year. As usual my wife and daughter were pelting me pretty good. My wife was really winging them....I sensed some hostility actually. Glad I had that little mask on with the eye holes too close together. She could have taken an eye out pitching handfuls of them beans. I got her back though by stepping on every one I could see sitting on the floor. Clean em up woman..!! ;)

You actually dress up?

We just go around the house calling out the standard incantation while tossing fukumame into each room.

It is the dog's favorite event of the year.

My kids had a "devil" visit them at kindie. James came home and told me how he'd cried because the devil was so scary, and his teacher had to hold him. Since them he has made a "devil" of his own from a cardboard box and is haveing lots of fun scarying as many other kids as possible.

You actually dress up?

We just go around the house calling out the standard incantation while tossing fukumame into each room.

It is the dog's favorite event of the year.

Haha....well, you have to define "dress up". If you mean putting on the 100 en shop cardboard mask with the elastic band tabs that hook over the ears... then yes, I play the part... :sj-lol: I'm such a dedicated father... ;)