hit me at this email if you are serious about Mt Iwake. atwood n @ hotmail.com. Take the spaces out of course. We're going to go in early spring. The mountain looks ripe for avis right now. Hopefully when the snow settles a bit and gets heavy, things should be good. I've got the shovels and avi trancievers so we should be okay. If we dig a pit and it looks bad, we're heading to Hachimantai Forest. It won't be a lost weekend.

Hey, you do video too? I put a ski movie together every year. They are pretty good if I say so myself. Everyone loves them. It's just a kind of skiing in Japan sort of thing.

I wish I could hit Hach or Hak every weekend, but I volunteer for a ski club. It's not that bad. I like to pass the stoke on to others. I get some of my best footage from the newbies!

Take care man,

shaka loda loda kine!

email comin' right up.

i'd really like to get into doing video, but i don't really have the hardware. all i have now is a digital still camera, which leaves a lot to be desired in the video department (i only get 15 frames per second which makes editing really shoddy)

i'd really like to buy a proper vid cam though, but the good ones are really expensive. what do you use?

markie - no order needed. just send me your address and I'll send a copy your way. not a problem at all.

dane - just got the email. get back to you here soon. I'm actually trying to work from home right now so I'm a bit distracted.

Hehe! It's snowing here again! woohooooo! (I also x-cntry ski)

dane, your website is really pushing the envelope there. Love the backflip with the orbiting ski. And I reckon you're onto something with the pogo stick - if only they made them twice as big and five time more powerful.

My only concern - are you old enough to be drinking beer??

i figure that by having a mullet fluttering out from my helmet as i spin or flip it will draw attention away from my obvious bad style.

now now, i may be a youngin' (that said, any japanese sugar mommies want to adopt some young meat?) i believe i can drink legally anywhere in the world. besides, i come from the country where babies are weened off the whiskey bottle, and people live in igloos, right? right? at least that's what my southern cousins would have me believe...

Thats what I believed and Im from there.

Dane get your act together and lets get back out there. Got the video camera going harder now so lets go. Dont forget to get those days off.

My addy for a vid

Nick kowal

Minamiku kuze

tonoshiro cho

176-2 Kyoto shi

601 8502

thx man. but it needs definite smoothin out!

that is... the "black" run that you enter to the right of the park entrance (facing downhill). that run is actually pretty dangerous. the first time i did it, i nearly blew out of that 90 degree turn near the bottom (which would have put me straight into the trees at high speed)

• 2 weeks later...