Can I bring my bindings to Japan and buy a snowboard that will work with them?

I'm moving to Morioka in Iwate soon, and may not be able to afford shipping my snowboard to Japan. I also have rather large feet (size 14 US), so I'm worried I wouldn't be able to find boots and bindings that will fit me. I have basic strap bindings, and I'm thinking of just bringing my boots and bindings and then trying to find an affordable snowboard when I arrive. If I purchase a snowboard in Japan, can I use my bindings from the US?

What kind of bindings do you have?

What's the connection plate like, ie is it a 4 hole connector?

If its a 4 hole connector then it should be fine as most snowboards have 4 hole connectors.

The real problem you will find is to do with the width of the snowboards in Japan. Size 14 boots is wide board territory, and not many Japanese ppl will be wide board riders...

just make it your main luggage. Adds a few kilos, but lets you bring a wheelie oversized bag as a surrogate suitcase anyways. Most airlines are nice on sporting goods, ive had some ridiculously heavy bags and dont actually recal being hit for weight once.

Unless of course your board is a piece of crap and not worth it :) In which case sell itand pick up a new one from the states.

Put your board in a snowboard bag and bring it as luggage, that way you can put all your snowboard gear in the bag too. One thing to note is that all airlines have different regulations, you can usually get all info on their websites about sports goods and oversize.